Junior Sailing Program Photo Contest
Some kids love sailing right away, while others are scared to death. This complete range of emotions occurs in earnest each summer for those children participating in sailing classes at one of the many junior programs that ramp up this time of year.
As a tribute to these programs, we thought it was time for another Scuttlebutt contest, with this one profiling junior sailing in North America. Top ten entries will get posted on the Scuttlebutt website, with the best three earning prizes from Vanguard Sailboats (see prize details below).
How to enter...
- Submit five photos, one for each of the following categories:
* On-the-water beginner class
* On-the-water advanced class
* Instructors in action (teaching, rescuing, consoling, etc.)
* Controlled chaos
- Entries limited to programs located within North America. Include name of junior sailing program, Program Director contact information, and program website (if available).
- Photos to be either .jpg or .gif files, preferably landscape at 600 x 400 pixels.
- Provide background information and credit for each photo.
- Entries to be submitted no later than 5:00pm PST, Friday August 6, 2004.
- Click here to submit your entry.
- 1st Place: Short sleeve Magic Marine Rash Guard, Magic Marine back pack, Magic Marine sailing boots, and a Vanguard fleece vest
- 2nd Place: Short sleeve Magic Marine rash guard and a Magic Marine back pack
- 3rd Place: Short sleeve Magic Marine rash guard and Magic Marine sailing boots