Not According to Plan - Stories from Mackinac 2004
As hard as we all try to prepare for the big races, there are times when things don't go according to plan. With nearly 600 boats entered in the Bacardi Bayview Mackinac Race and Chicago Yacht Club Race to Mackinac, we thought there might be a story or two that could come from these races.
With that many boats, stuff just happens. Murphy's Law kind of stuff. The kind of stuff that isnít very funny when it happens, but we can all laugh about afterwards (maybe after all the bills are paid).
Regardless, Scuttlebutt wants to hear about it (and the 'Buttheads do too). You might not be proud of what happened, but some press is better than none at all. We'll post the best of them, and pass out a few Scuttlebutt caps to the most worthy. Ready to share your story? See below for details.
- Story must be true, and include contact information if needed for clarification.
- Story must be from an event that occurred in preparation for the race, during the race, or within one day of the finish.
- Scuttlebutt reserves the right to refuse any story that is deemed inappropriate. Also, don't bother submitting stories about your tactical brilliance. That's not what this contest is about.
- Story length is between 200-500 words. Photos can be included but are not required. Entries to be submitted by email only (no fax copies), with the story either in the body or as an attached Word document.
- REVISED: Entries are due by 5:00pm PST, Thursday, August 5, 2004.
- Click here to submit your entry.